You are entitled to a free NHS sight test at home if you fall into one of the categories for a free NHS sight test listed below.
Other services we also provide if you are eligible for an NHS funded sight test:
if you are unable to leave home unaccompanied because of physical or mental limitations or disability
At a residential or care home
If you normally live there and you are unable to leave the home unaccompanied because of physical or mental limitations or disability.
At a day centre
If you would have difficulty in obtaining sight testing services from practice premises because of physical or mental limitations or disability or because of difficulties in communicating your health needs unaided.
You qualify for a free NHS funded sight test if you are:
- Aged 60 or over
- Under 16, or under 19 and in full-time education
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Diagnosed as having diabetes or glaucoma
- 40 or over with a direct relative with glaucoma, or you have been advised by an ophthalmologist that you are at risk of glaucoma
- Prescribed a complex lens
You (or your partner) are receiving the following benefits or credits:
- Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (not contribution based)
- Working Tax Credit and are named on a Tax Credit NHS Exemption Certificate
- Child Tax Credit and are named on a Tax Credit NHS Exemption Certificate
- You are named on a NHS certificate for full or partial help with health costs (HC2/3)
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
What to do next
Simply call our Cannock or Hednesford practice to book an appointment. If you are unsure if you are eligible then speak to one of our staff who will be happy to advise.